How is it only Wednesday? It was Memorial Day only two days ago but that seems so long ago now! Oh well, just two more days til the weekend! I am pretty excited because I get to do brunch and pedicures for my friends’ birthday Saturday AND go to a wedding shower! Fun
You know how everyone who is older always tells you “just wait, once you hit 25 all your friends will get married and every weekend during the summer will be filled with showers, weddings, and bachelorette parties…” and you don’t really quite believe them? Welp. Welcome to my 25th year, wedding central. My sister got married a couple weeks ago at the courthouse (reception to come in August), I have my friends’ bachelorette party in two weekends, my cousin is getting married in a few weeks, THEN in August I have two more weddings including one in MEXICO and then one in November and another in February… holy moly that’s a lot of weddings. I may be pretty satisfied after that and won’t end up getting married for several years. Sounds good to me since those bad boys are spen-dy.
Regardless of how poor all this is going to make me, I am pretty pumped that I get to participate in all the love and happiness 😀 and the drinking/partying because weddings are the only thing I really like drinking at anyways… unless there are margaritas, then it could be a Tuesday and I would like drinking.
I digress. This recipe is super quick to throw together and is as easy as they come. Toss the ingredients in a food processor, pulse, spread on fish, and bake. Ta-da! You have some tasty dinner in about 25mins total. Plus this sauce is good on eggs, pork, steak, chicken, salad, etc so if you have any leftovers you will be able to enjoy it for the next few days! Maybe just make a bunch (if your food processor is larger than my dinky little 3-cup one) so you can keep coating tasty meat in it. Just sayin’
Hope you guys all had a fun and safe Memorial Day and are not hating on this short week too much! Scroll down or click here for the recipe, hope you love it as much as I do!
Sweet Potatoes and Smiles,
The Freckled Foodie
Baked Tilapia with Cilantro Kale Chimichurri
- 2-4 Tilapia filets
- 1 large bunch Cilantro
- 2 c Kale, roughly chopped with stems removed
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/2 c Olive oil (I used light tasting)
- 3 tbsp White wine vinegar (double if you want it to be ‘pourable’)
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced (approx 2-3 cloves)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Red chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- S&P to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pat filets dry and season both sides with salt and pepper, place into baking dish
- Place all remaining ingredients into your food processor
- Chop/mix until it becomes a sauce *double vinegar for thinner sauce
- Spread sauce liberally over filets, you may reserve some for serving
- Bake for 15 minutes, check for flakiness with a fork and add 5 minutes if necessary
- Serve with a side salad or your fave veggies!