That was a mouthful… and I didn’t even include almond in there… woof.
If you read my last post you may have been anxiously awaiting a giveaway, which you WILL GET but not until tomorrow, sorry 🙂
BUT instead, you get a super yummy dessert that is refined sugar free and just crazy good. Pre-paleo I tried a couple chia seed puddings and was not ever super impressed. But turns out I was just doing it wrong. And now I did it right. So very right, guys.
This pudding only takes 5-10 minutes of true prep time and is amazingly simple. It doesn’t taste simple though and is perfect for impressing friends or family with a paleo dessert! It totally rivals any other parfait I have ever had before. So give it a try because it will absolutely not disappoint 😀
On a totally different note, do you know what is frustrating? Trying to make something and realizing halfway through that the mandolin/food scale/box grater/etc you need is packed away in some box that you didn’t intend to unpack because you are only temporarily living with your parents… has that ever happened to you? No? strange because it keeps happening to me.
On the bright side I get to grocery shop and cook for my family which is fabulous because now they have to eat paleo most of the time 🙂 WIN. I am thinking I could just keep hopping from one place to the next and earn my keep by grocery shopping and cooking… would anyone be up for that? Seriously… I can quit my job and just move around the country for awhile. That sounds just lovely.
Anyways, I swear tomorrow you will have an awesome giveaway so defs check back so you can enter to win something yummy and awesome! It will also have a super delish recipe to go with it too! Maybe not quite as delish as this Cacao Cherry Chia Parfait because this one has cherries and cacao but that is a different story…
Happy Sunday friends!
Cacao Cherry Chia Pudding Parfait
- 4 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 c Water
- 3/4 c Coconut milk (full fat)
- 1-2 tbsp Honey (raw! local!)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- ~30 sweet Cherries
- 1/4 – 1/3 c sliced, raw Almonds
- In a small mixing bowl add chia seeds, water, and coconut milk
- Stir to combine and ensure all seeds are in the liquid and not up the sides of the bowl
- Leave in fridge to thicken for 30 minutes or a couple hours ( I left mine for 2 hours)
- While it thickens pit and cut cherries into quarters, set aside
- Add honey (heat for a couple minutes to make runny), cacao powder, and almond extract
- In 4 small parfait glasses layer ingredients: pudding, cherries, almonds and repeat until full
- Serve and enjoy!
- ps. if you just want this for yourself then keep the extra pudding in the fridge and make over 2-3 days!