Hey friends! Two posts in one day? Lucky you! Just kidding 🙂
This recipe was from back in October during my first Whole30, but it is SOOO good and SOOO well received from all that make it, I decided to repost in the new format!
Easy peasy, and you probably have all the ingredients at hand (if you’re in the middle of a Whole30) or you COULD get them very easily tomorrow and make them for dinner then!
Scroll down or Click here for the recipe!
Have a great night and stay warm! It is currently the coldest it has been in MN in YEARS… check this out. BOOOOO
Sweet Potatoes and Smiles,
– The Freckled Foodie
Coconut Chili Shrimp
- 3 egg whites
- 1 c shredded *unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 10 raw, deveined shrimp
– put egg whites in a small bowl (save the yolks for thickening curries, soups, etc)
– put the coconut in a separate bowl and mix in the chili powder, smoked paprika and salt and pepper
– heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat
– thoroughly dip shrimp in egg whites then dredge in coconut mixture, you may need to pat some of the coconut onto the shrimp for better coverage
– place shrimp in frying pan
– flip after about 2-3 mins, they will turn pink and start to curl up
– cook on the other side for 2 minutes or so
– enjoy!!! These babies don’t need anything else, they are so flavorful 🙂