This is something I have been meaning to write for a while now, and I am happy to finally share 🙂 I have been blogging for over a year now at The Freckled Foodie.com and have been following food bloggers for years. Reading and relating to people from all over the world who love food as much as I do was always something I really enjoyed and figured that writing my own would be just as enjoyable.
Turns out it’s even better than I anticipated and EVERY time I come on here to find new comments from people I have inspired my day is made and I get a huge smile on my face! This blog has truly changed me and made me realize so many passions I never knew were in me! Although that was sappy (its been an emotional day for some reason, probably all the sugar (wine) I had last night) the rest of this should *hopefully* be funny, so enjoy and feel free to add any of your own ‘paleo confessions’ in the comments section!!!
- I eat approximately 1-3 bars of dark chocolate per week, always 85% or darker so I consider it a “fat” and not a “carb”. Gotta get those antioxidants, am I right?
- I photograph everything I eat, don’t care if my companions are annoyed by it, and get annoyed myself when the lighting in a restaurant isn’t good enough for Instagram
- I joined my first MeetUp group – Twin Cities Paleo Potluck – as a way to meet like-minded people but ultimately because I needed an outlet since 99% of my family and friends are sick of me talking about healthy fats, nutrient density, and the problems associated with juicing (and being a vegetarian)
- One of the first pieces of furniture I got for my apartment was a standing desk since I work from home and spend a LOT of time dancing at it
- I’ve come to REALLY dislike Dr. Oz or any other TV personality passing along the WRONG information on health/diet/wellness to millions of innocent people
- The thought of regular spaghetti grosses me out and I can honestly say I never want to eat it again, even the gluten-free variety. Give me zoodles ANY DAY
- I feel like I personally know many other bloggers in the paleo world purely by listening to their podcast/reading their books/following them on Instagram and would give all of them a hug and act as though we are best friends if I ever met them in real life 🙂
- I know I can be super lean/cut and I even know how to accomplish it, but that involves more time in the gym, and less time consuming dessert and/or chocolate and that just ain’t gonna happen
- The only days I choose to intermittent fast are directly correlated with how many days its been since I’ve gone grocery shopping
- I ALWAYS have cans of sardines on hand, and hot sauce
- I get my eggs from a local farm and get 6 dozen at a time (just for me 🙂 )
- I like my bulletproof coffee with Kerrygold and EXTRA Nikki’s Coconut Butter!
- More than 3 WholeFoods employees know me by now and I selected the location of my apartment due to it’s proximity to WholeFoods, Chipotle, and a lake with a running/biking trail around it
- The only books I read these days are paleo cookbooks and books authored by other paleo bloggers and my mom, who is a librarian, would like me to switch back so she can provide me with books like she used to!
- I have to hold my tongue whenever ANYONE talks about their low-fat, low-calorie, sugar-free ‘diet’ and how they just can’t lose the weight…
That’s all I’ve got for now, so now let me hear yours 🙂 Hope you are having a lovely Saturday and St. Patrick’s Day weekend!