The best meals are those that take 5 minutes to prepare and are waiting for you when you get home from work, am I right? I for one LOVE shredded beef, pulled pork, and shredded chicken, especially when it is as easy as throwing it in the crock pot and leaving it all day to cook! Now that it is officially fall my crock pot is back out on the counter to stay! It is my absolute favorite appliance now through April and gets used on a nearly daily basis. Soups, stews, shredded meat, bone broth, curries, apple butter, you name it!
If you are like me and want to spend as little time as possible preparing dinner most nights, then this recipe is for you! Plus its can be pretty cost effective too because you buy one large chuck roast and can eat leftovers for days (if you are single, like me! ) OR you can make enough to feed a big family too! Win, win.
I have officially been off work for 12 days in a row now, and let me tell you; it’s the bomb. I am getting a lot of things done that I need to do, like get back in shape (end of summer pretty much got the best of me in the not going to the gym department), find a new apartment, catch up with friends before they move away, etc. It has been fun and semi-hectic for not having to work… apparently I am really good at keeping myself scheduled even when I have 8 more hours everyday to do so. Guess I’m a busy body or something.
So it’s now football season and maybe it’s just me, but I don’t really care that much… Am I the only one who feels like this? I mean I will watch a game every once in awhile with friends, obviously not paying much attention, but all sorts of my girlfriends seem like they actually care… It’s weird. Let me know if you don’t care either so I feel better about not caring 🙂
Lastly, I am not promising I won’t have a 3rd apple recipe coming up… #sorrynotsorry I just heart apples and they are the best thing fall brings each year so sue me. Or don’t, because right now I wouldn’t be able to afford it with the not working thing… Also, sorry about the non-cute photos, I used my iphone for some of them.. oops 🙂
Easy Crock Pot Shredded Beef
- 6-8lb Chuck Beef Roast
- 1/4c of your favorite seasoning blend (sugar free for Whole30)
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp White pepper
- 4 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Let your roast come to room temperature
- Coat all sides with whatever seasoning blend that you like
- Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the flat portion of a butcher knife till they open a bit
- Cut 1 inch deep into the roast for each garlic clove and push them in until you can’t see them anymore
- Place in crock pot and roast on low for 8 hours
- Remove the roast from the crock pot into a large shallow bowl to shred the beef with two forks
- Pour off the drippings into a jar and use a baster to get the juices (not the fat on top) to put back in with the beef (you can save the fat to cook with if it is grass-fed otherwise toss it)
- Once it is all shredded and you have added the juices, add the spices, coconut aminos, and salt and stir to combine
- Eat as is or use for tacos, in egg scrambles, on salads, or whatever else sounds good!