I didn’t mean for this to happen. I created the perfect cookie and although I should be ecstatic about it because I mean I created the PERFECT COOKIE, I am also upset. The reason I am upset is because I have already made two batches this weekend and likely eaten around a dozen of them…
Do you see why I’m upset? It is bikini season and I’m eating all the cookies.
I apologize in advance for sharing this recipe with you guys because, again, it is the season in which more than the average amount of your body will be shared with the world. Try not to eat them all, maybe bring them to a potluck, barbeque, pool party, etc so you can share them and at least get some of your family/friends full of cookies too so you won’t have to feel bad about the amount you have eaten. (Perhaps what I have been doing…):
My goal was to recreated my absolute favorite kind of cookie, pre-paleo days, the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie. The texture on those bad boys was exactly how I like my cookies, chewy and sticky. The kind that stick just a little bit to your teeth as you bite in to them and are best served warm with a big ole glass of milk! Obviously nowadays there is no oatmeal OR milk at my place, but there are now these amazing Fauxtmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with almond or coconut milk to replace them 🙂
I have shared these with 5 friends, one cousin, two nieces (see my adorable niece eat one here), and one nephew so far and everyone has fallen deeply in love with them. And probably with me as well. Although most of them are women and/or family members so perhaps not. Either way be prepared to fall in love and make certain you have people to share these with or you will find yourself 18 cookies deep, chocolate smeared on your lips and a wild look in your eyes. Seriously, it may happen.
Enjoy responsibly friends!
Fauxtmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Grain, Gluten, Dairy, Egg free)
- 1 1/2 c blanched Almond flour
- heaping 1/3 c shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp Tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp Gelatin (optional, texture is MUCH better with it)
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/3 c Coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c raw Honey, melted
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/3 c Chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut, tapioca flour, gelatin, baking soda, and sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine liquid ingredients until well incorporated (I needed to heat my raw honey since it was solid)
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing till just combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- *optional* Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes for easier scooping and better texture
- Scoop level tablespoons of cookie dough and place them 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Press down on each ball until it is the thickness you desire as these will NOT spread (if you like crispy edges make them thinner)
- Place the cookie sheet on top of another to prevent the bottoms from browning
- Bake for 11- 13 minutes – watch them closely because no one likes an overdone cookie, you want these barely brown around the bottom edges and golden on top
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
- Enjoy with a glass of almond or coconut milk!