Hi Friends! With all the media coverage the Whole30 has been getting lately I have been thinking a lot about people just getting started on their paleo journeys and how it can be pretty intimidating in the beginning. I get emails and messages all the time asking how they can get started and if they have to spend a TON of money on getting all the “weird” ingredients like almond flour, coconut aminos, coconut flour, chia seeds, etc.
This made me want to put together some REALLY easy but still tasty recipes with ingredients that almost everyone will already have in their pantries or refrigerators! Thus, a series : Getting Started Paleo.
On the Whole30 you are not supposed to “paleoize” foods like pancakes, muffins, cookies, ice cream, etc with compliant ingredients, which is wonderful if you are trying to change your relationship with food. This was something I took to heart when I dove in and it really did help me. If that is just not how you function and you want to ease into a healthier, whole food diet like paleo these pancakes could be really helpful in making the transition easier and happier!
The nicest part about these guys? They take very little time and effort and you don’t need any crazy ingredients for them. Just one banana, one egg, and some blueberries. No jokes
If you’ve been around here before (thank you for returning, by the way 😀 ) you may have noticed I have been a little MIA. Here is my excuse: it’s nicer out. After this awfully cold and long winter all I want to do is get outside as often as humanly possible and I have also started running! Neat huh? I never thought I would like running but it turns out when you have the right music, some sunshine, a beautiful lake to run around, and pretty people to watch it is actually awesome! I don’t run very far and definitely take walking breaks but it makes me feel great and I look forward to my runs now. Speaking of, I’m about to head out on one now after fueling up with these bad boys!
Have a lovely weekend friends, and if you found me recently, WELCOME!
3 Ingredients, for real!
3 Ingredient Blueberry Paleo Pancakes (grain, gluten, dairy, nut-free)
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 Egg (pastured if possible!)
- 1/4 c Blueberries
- grease for the pan/griddle
- Heat your pan/griddle over medium/low heat and grease, it is ready when droplets of water sizzle
- Beat your egg in a medium mixing bowl
- Add banana and smash/mix until well incorporated
- Add blueberries and stir to mix
- Using a 1/4 cup measure pour batter onto pan
- Let cook until the bubbles on the top begin to pop and you can easily slide a spatula under the entire pancake
- Flip carefully and let cook another 4-5 minutes
- Serve alone (sweet enough!) or with pure maple syrup for a treat