Happy Sunday all! Hope you had a fabulous weekend, I certainly did! Today I made some great things for the week! Including the treat below, homemade mayo from Well Fed (Melissa Joulwan is my hero), and Balsamic Braised Short Ribs from Practical Paleo, another amazing cookbook!
If you haven’t had coconut butter yet you are hardcore missing out. Yum. Really, truly yum. You can always buy it, Artisana is a great brand, but it is so incredibly easy to make that it doesn’t make sense to spend so much on the pre-made stuff. I normally make my coconut butter with only coconut, but since I generally put cinnamon on everything I put coconut butter on, it made sense to marry the two with a few other friends 🙂
– take your shredded, unsweetened, coconut and put it into your food processor. How much is up to you, I used about a cup and a half but you could make much more if you have a big food processor and a larger jar to store it
– I added a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of ground ginger, a quarter teaspoon of nutmeg, and a dash of sea salt
– Process the coconut for several minutes and every few minutes scrape down the sides to incorporate everything
– This will take between 5-10 minutes usually, depending on how much you are making
– That’s it! Super easy and crazy delicious. There is literally no reason you shouldn’t make this this very minute (unless you don’t have a food processor or the ingredients on hand)
Seriously, it’s amazing!
Just a tip, it is a good idea to keep your empty jars from almond butter, salsa, tomato sauce, etc so when you make your own butters (coconut, nut, apple, etc) you have somewhere to store it!
What is coconut butter good with you ask? Apples, jicama, carrots, sweet potato, any type of squash, pears, celery, or really anything your heart desires. It would probably be good on meat… I like weird things though…
Have a great night all, follow me on Instagram for daily food intake during my Whole45!
– The Freckled Foodie