I’m sorry I did this to you.
If you are like me and want your “paleo treats” less on the sweet side, heavy on the indulgent side, and insanely chocolately then this one is for you. I mean… I used a half cup of cacao. Again, sorry. You will not be able to stop eating these… straight from the oven or straight from the fridge/freezer. It doesn’t matter. They will call out to you… “Rachael, we are here for youuuuuu. We loooooove you…” I have problems.
Anyways, I will keep this short and sweet because, let’s face it. Today is a busy day. Ain’t nobody got time for rambling. Roast sweet potatoes tonight using my famous technique, and then save 1 cup of the mashed ‘tatoes for these brownies. Because pie is delicious but chocolate is mandatory. And chocolate pies are not right. Can I get an Amen?
I love each and every one of you, and because of that I want you all to have the awesomest Thanksgiving ever! Eat all the foods. Enjoy your “cheats” or “off-roading” but don’t overindulge in bread because it makes you feel crappy. Or maybe that’s just me?
Intensely Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownies (grain, gluten, dairy-free)
- 1 c Sweet potato, roasted and mashed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c pure Maple syrup (add another 1/8-1/4 c if you want it a bit sweeter to please non-paleo palates)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 c Palm shortening, melted
- 1/2 c Cacao powder
- 1/2 c Almond meal/flour ( I used meal)
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder (aluminum free!)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 c Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (opt) plus more for sprinklin’
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl
- Mix dry ingredients (minus chips) in a small bowl, then add to the dry ingredients
- Stir to combine
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir to incorporate
- Line 9×9 baking pan with non-stick tin foil or spray with olive oil/other oil (I use a Misto)
- Sprinkle on more chocolate chips
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges have started to pull away and a toothpick comes out clean from the middle
- Let cool, cut, and DEVOUR
- These taste amazing out of the fridge as well and are best kept in the fridge!