FAVORITE FLAVOR COMBO ALERT
I have a confession to make, I have a sliiiight obsession with goodbody cookie bites from goodbody baked goods. Especially the Lemon Blueberry Walnut variety, which are vegan, AND paleo! I ordrered a sampler of each of their flavors and quickly fell in love with all of them. If you have never tried them I highly recommend you order some because they are the perfect little treat when you need something sweet and are awesome straight from the freezer.
Because of this addiction I decided to recreate my fave flavor combo in the form of muffins! I also wanted to make sure they were coconut based instead of almond flour based because I get digestive trouble after lots of nuts (like a lot of people in the paleo community).
I need to quickly rant if you will allow me, avert your eyes if you would like to continue on without said rant: When I wrote this last night IT WAS SNOWING IN MN!!! Argh I am very upset by this as it was finally getting warmer and I envisioned a couple lovely walks around the city and Lake Calhoun this weekend to get some good, old-fashioned Vitamin D but NOOOOO it’s going to be raining (or snowing apparently) and I won’t get any happy, sunny walks.. Boo.
Okay, rant over. Now, time for muffins!
First of all, they smelled incredible while they were baking and I may have burned myself trying to get one out of the pan when they were supposed to be cooling… maybe. But they turned out AWESOME and are now living happily in my fridge to be used in place of my “fat” during meals 🙂
They are on the less sweet side so if you want them sweeter add a bit more honey, a banana, or whatever sweetener you like best. You could also remove the blueberries, lemon, and nuts and make them plain “cornbread like” muffins to crumble over chili or something like that! Your options are ENDLESS (just said that slowly in a very deep voice for some reason…)
Anyways, scroll down or click here for the recipe and have a loverly weekend and soak up the sun for me if you are able!!!
Sweet Potatoes and Smiles,
The Freckled Foodie
p.s. I haven’t received anything from good body baked goods for this review but I certainly wouldn’t mind if they would… jk. Sort of. But really, I just love them.
Lemon Blueberry Nut Muffins
- 2/3 c Coconut flour (may need to add a bit more if too batter is too soupy)
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Fine sea salt
- 6 Eggs, pastured and local if possible – room temperature
- 1/2 c Coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c Raw, local honey (could sub maple syrup)
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 c Coconut milk (canned)
- 3/4 c Organic blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 2-3 Tbsp Walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl mix all dry ingredients together and set aside, if lumpy sift your coconut flour
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, mix in melted coconut oil, melted honey, lemon juice, and coconut milk
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well
- Carefully mix in blueberries, if you stir too much the batter may turn blue!
- Scoop batter (will be thick) into lightly oiled/greased muffin pan
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full of batter
- Top each muffin with a sprinkling of chops nuts
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, until tops are browning
- Let muffins cool before serving
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator
- Enjoy! Super delish warmed, with a bit of coconut butter