Yesterday was GORGEOUS outside in Minnesota and put me in the very best mood. Plus I had a Sunday Funday with two of my favorite ladies in the world, had a ridiculously spicy bloody mary, AND found a super fun new bar with lots of nice looking fun and people to judge. Do you go out sometimes purely to watch drunk people make asses of themselves? Because I totally do and I don’t feel bad about it. For example, one guy was really beautiful and he knew it. He proceeded to get really wasted, someone poured a drink on him, so obviously he removed his shirt. On the patio of this bar. Then he walked around like a peacock for awhile, put it back on, removed it once again, and then got escorted out. It was hilar. You would’ve laughed at him too. Just sayin’
Other than people watching and drinking this weekend I also did yoga, went on two long walks in the sunshine with ladies I love, ate delicious food (mostly paleo), took an epsom salt bath, and had my first run around Lake Calhoun Such a perfect weekend! Now I am just so incredibly ready for spring, is it spring where you are?! If so, I am envious of you!
Instead of sulk around because it is supposed to snow again this week (ack!) I started dreaming up springy foods that will make me happy and that I could share with other people who live in silly climates like Minnesota so they can also dream of spring. I love lemons, especially of the Meyer variety because they are brighter, sweeter, and smaller (like me! ) If you haven’t tried my Lemon Blueberry Nut Muffins yet you should and then make this recipe and then combine the two for a mouth party.
How this came to be is that I am 100% obsessed with coconut butter. It’s not even funny how addicted I am to it. I buy shredded coconut in bulk on Amazon and then make all sorts of flavors of coconut butter every few days and then proceed to eat jars and jars of it… but its healthy fats so I don’t feel bad. Plus I’m leaning out lately even though I eat all the coconut butter and copious amounts of OMghee… #winning. I finally caved after months of checking them out on Instagram and bought a giant jar of OMghee and let me tell you, best decision of 2014 so far. If you are still scared of eating fat I think you should read Eat The Yolks by Liz Wolfe because it’s not only really interesting and intelligent it also makes me laugh out loud. So get some OMghee, the rest of the ingredients for this Lemon Poppyseed Coconut Butter and the book and make a day out of it!
Lemon Poppyseed Coconut Butter
- 2 2/3 c desiccated/finely shredded Coconut (one bag of this )
- 2-3 tbsp melted Ghee, use OMghee for the most cookie like flavor
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- zest of one Meyer lemon
- juice of one half Meyer lemon
- 1 tbsp Poppyseeds
- dash of Sea salt
- Optional – 1 tbsp raw Honey (omit for Whole30 or 21DSD)
- In food processor add the coconut and 2 tbsp ghee and process until liquid, scraping down the sides as you go
- Add the vanilla, zest, lemon juice, salt and honey
- Process until well combined, scraping down as you go
- Add additional tbsp of ghee if it is still a little thick
- Add poppyseeds and pulse to incorporate
- Scoop into a mason jar (I use old nut butter jars)
- Warm before eating if desired
- Eat on a spoon (how I like it), spread on apples, with baked goods, or whatever your little heart desires!
- Will keep in the fridge for at least a week but mine never lasts that long
Tagged: 21 day sugar detox, 21dsd, coconut, coconut butter, condiment, dessert, healthy, healthy fats, jerf, lemon, paleo, paleo diet, poppyseed, primal, real food, refined sugar free, spread, sugar free, treat, whole30