Happy Friday friends! I am sure you all are just as excited as I am for a long weekend. Gosh I need that extra day sooo badly at this point. PLUS I get to see my good friend Lizzy (guest post she did for me), enjoy the farmer’s market, go off-roading with my high school girlfriends, go out on the lake (weather permitting), and spend time with my family! Sounds like a bomb weekend if you ask me 🙂
Many of you may be having get-togethers or picnics this weekend so I figured I would give you something you can whip up really quickly and bring to share! This chicken salad is one of my go-to lunches because it can be whipped up in no time and can also be made ahead of time and brought anywhere in a tupperware. Plus it has a TON of flavor (who doesn’t love curry) and is another awesomely textured meal, just like my Kale and Shaved Sprout Salad from a few days ago! I sometimes use part mayo and part coconut milk in the recipe (which is also awesome) but if you don’t have any homemade mayo on hand you will still be fine! Woo hoo! You can also easily make this vegetarian or into a “potato salad” by replacing the cubed chicken with cubed, cooked sweet potato! Oh the possibilities!
This is how much I make for just me, but if you want to bring it along somewhere just multiply all the ingredients by 4 or 5 and you should have enough for a potluck! And then after everyone raves about how good your chicken salad was you can tell them “oh… and it’s PALEO, HA!” Which is what I would do, since I can be immature and weird. But, if you take a softer approach and just casually mention it’s paleo and you eat this way all the time then they just may be asking you some questions. Which hopefully you have some good talking points for but if not, send them my way and I will help! Rachael the the Rescue!
Okay, clearly I am in a strange mood, so back the the salad. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do 😀 Scroll down or click here for the recipe!
Are you doing anything super exciting for Memorial Day? Having a paleo potluck? Off-roading with some food favorites? However you are spending your time, I hope you have lovely weather!
Sweet Potatoes and Smiles,
The Freckled Foodie
Loaded Curried Chicken Salad
- 1 large Chicken breast, cooked through and cooled (20-25 mins @350)
- 2-3 Green onions, green and white parts chopped
- 1/2 tsp or one clove Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Curry paste, I used green but yellow and red are both good too
- 2-3 tbsp full fat Coconut milk
- 1/4 c Sun-dried tomatoes, I use the ones from Trader Joe’s that aren’t packed in oil
- 1/4 c Golden raisins
- 1/4 c Slivered almonds
- S&P to taste
- Chop your chicken into cubes or shred it, and add to a medium mixing bowl
- Add onions, garlic, curry paste, and 2 tbsp coconut milk, stir to evenly coat
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, raisins, and almonds, stir to evenly coat
- If there isn’t enough dressing add another tbsp of coconut milk
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy on its own, on a big plate of greens, in lettuce wraps, or on top of sliced cucumber
- Garnish with slivered almonds, a few raisins, and a few of the green parts of the onion if you are bringing it to a get-together!