I did it! Made it 30 days without: Grains, Dairy, Legumes, Seed oils, Sugar or Sugar Substitutes, Carrageenan, MSG, Sulfites, White Potatoes, and Alcohol. I also went 30 days without counting a single calorie, snacking, or weighing myself.
I learned a heck of a lot this month and couldn’t be happier I found It Starts With Food and made the decision to jump feet first into this program. I cannot say a single bad thing about it and I would recommend it to ANYONE who isn’t 100% happy with their relationship with food/self-image.
I want to share some of the amazing positives that have come from my Whole30 and I also want to share my before and after photos because I am PROUD. Before this program I thought I was doing everything right. Eating “healthy”, working out 6-7 days a week, never getting fast food, drinking alcohol very seldomly, and counting calories to ensure I was burning more than consuming. Calories in, calories out. Wrong.
With the help of the Whole30 and the Heartwigs of www.whole9life.com :
– better sleep than ever before
– never feel bloated or uncomfortably full
– no more tummy issues, ever
– more alert, no more 3pm slump
– feel smarter and just brighter in general
– better complexion
– look toned (can see my arm muscles and abs for the first time ever) and get SO many compliments on how great I look 🙂
– never need to snack, can go 6 hours between meals without feeling hungry
– destroyed my sugar dragon! I don’t even crave all the sweets that used to OWN me. Seriously this is the biggest change and the one that meant the most to me!
More that I just can’t think of right now but seriously, I never want to go back. I fully plan on sticking as close to Whole30 compliant as I can for as long as I can. I don’t want to reintroduce because I don’t miss it. I am sure I will occasionally have a glass of wine or a few bites of something special (Weaver family apple pie!!!) but I don’t need to put food into my body that makes it less healthy. I like healthy, it is wor. king. for. me.
Now don’t judge my before too harshly, I am fully aware it is not a great photo of me! BEFORE:
So happy! AFTER:
All done in 30 days with MORE food, MORE fat, and LESS exercise.
I am so willing to share this awesome program with anyone who is interested 🙂