I’m a bad blogger and I’m sorry. New job + new apartment that I’m trying to furnish/decorate + holiday season + online dating (gasp!) = my life is booked. I mean literally booked solid and I’ve been neglecting you guys and I miss you. I assure you that in the new year my biggest resolution is to be a better blogger and bring you all the deliciousness that you deserve.
In the meantime, I hope these minty, chocolately, coconutty cookies will allow me to make it up to you. They are perfectly crispy on the outside and chewy and soft on the inside. I truly hope they make your season MERRY and BRIGHT! 🙂
Anyone else getting sick of Christmas songs because you started listening to them in October… I mean November.
Make these, bring them to a holiday party without telling anyone they are “paleo” and then BAM whip that golden nugget of truth out and maniacally laugh because you tricked them ALL. Maybe that’s just me?
Anyways. Imissyou. I promise to do better soon, please don’t leave me because Iloveyoutoo.
Lastly. Please ignore that they are not perfectly cute because I didn’t have my cookie scoop… also excuse my crappy iPhone pic. Left camera at the folks place, along with the cookie scoop. Shambles.
Mint Chocolate Chip Macaroons
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/3 c Honey
- 1 c full fat Coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/3 c Cacao powder
- 3 1/2 c finely shredded Coconut
- 1/3 c Enjoy Life mini Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- While the oven is preheating in a small bowl whisk the egg whites and salt together until stiff peaks form (by hand 5-8 mins or you can use a whisk attachment on a beater)
- Set aside in fridge
- In a double broiler, or what I do, using a glass bowl over a pot filled with about an inch of water, mix the honey, coconut milk, peppermint extract, and coconut oil until well incorporated
- Mix in the cacao powder and shredded coconut until fully mixed
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter (will be thick)
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips
- Scoop using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake for 15-17 minutes making sure to check at 15, you don’t want the edges to burn, just start to brown
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack
- Store at room temperature in a airtight container, also delicious in the fridge and freezer