Tomorrow is Easter and I want you to eat these because they are my new all-time favorite treat. Growing up my second favorite combo of flavors for dessert was peanut butter and chocolate. I always liked Reese’s everything: Reese’s Puffs cereal, Reese’s PB cups, Reese’s Pieces, etc, however the best of all were always the Reese’s Eggs because they had the best ratio of PB to chocolate in my opinion. When Easter comes around I always get the eggs and this year was no egg-ception see what I did there?
However I realized that they are filled with crap and knew I could make a better, paleo version! I made them, devoured some of them, and then found out that Taylor over at Taylor Made It Paleo made them too!! Great minds think alike If you haven’t heard of Taylor yet you are missing out because she is a 21 year old paleo genius and makes amazing treats, so check her out and her version of Paleo Reese’s Eggs too!
These are so ridiculously easy to make, don’t take very long, and taste 1000x better than the ones you can buy at the store. So make them, bring them to your family/friend gathering tomorrow and impress everyone! I also have to give a HUGE shoutout to Sweet Spreads for their incredibly delicious CocoNutter that they sent me to try! You all know how much I love coconut butter, but this stuff is just outrageous. I am going to do a full review on them later this week, so make sure to come back for that Happy Easter weekend all you lovely people!
Paleo Reese’s Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 c Coconut butter (I like Artisana brand) or CocoNutter from Sweet Spreads! I used their Chocolate Brownie and White Chocolate flavors
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl combine sunflower seed butter, coconut flour, maple syrup and sea salt
- Scoop using a tablespoon measure and roll each into an egg shape
- Place on parchment lined plate and freeze for at least 10 minutes
- Warm your coconut butter until it is drippy consistency and add cacao powder if you want them chocolate flavored
- Remove eggs from freezer and use a fork to dip each egg in the coconut butter and let excess drip off
- Place them back on the parchment and put into the freezer or fridge to harden
- Store in the fridge or freezer (how I like them!)
- Enjoy them but make sure to share or you will accidentally eat 1/2 cup of sunflower seed butter and 1/2 cup of coconut butter in a day or two…