I am very excited to share this awesome product with all of you! And just to get it out of the way, I didn’t receive this product and wasn’t asked to do this review I just WANT to because I love this stuff so dang much 😀
Whether you are just beginning your paleo/primal journey or have been in it for awhile now, if you haven’t tried ghee yet you better get on it! I love coconut oil for most of my cooking (especially anything sweet), but sometimes I want my veggies or meat to taste like good, old-fashioned butter. Dairy, however, doesn’t agree with my digestive system much… Enter GHEE! Ghee is just another name for clarified butter, which means the dairy proteins are removed. All that is left is the yummy, golden fat which is amazing for almost every type of cooking. You can definitely clarify your own butter to make ghee but with all the cooking I (and probably you) are already doing sometimes it is nice to just have something there!
I have tried a few different kinds of ghee since I found paleo but Pure Indian Foods are my fave so far. Their regular ghee is awesome but after trying the PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee I fell in love pretty hard. According to their website it is described as:
A 50/50 blend of Organic Grass-fed Ghee and Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. This is truly a delicious, powerfully nutritious natural cooking and baking blend that we think you’ll love. Coconut oil has a low smoke point, limiting its uses in cooking. Blending with ghee naturally increases the smoke point, making our Coconut Ghee ideal for higher-heat cooking. Ideal for baking, sauteing, stir-frying, and more. It adds delicate, exquisite flavor to all of your favorite foods and recipes without an overpowering coconut flavor. Best fat/oil for all of your cooking!
And this girl TOTALLY agrees 🙂 It is literally the perfect blend of sweet and savory and even my family members who don’t like coconut can’t taste it in savory meat and veggie dishes! Woo hoo! If you have Amazon Prime (and if you don’t you should get it because it’s totally worth it being a paleo pal) then you have no excuse because there is free shipping!
To make things even better,
- Coconut ghee is a shelf-stable, natural blend that, unlike polyunsaturated fats, is not susceptible to rancidity; it does not need refrigeration to stay fresh.
- No GMOs, no added salt, no preservatives, no Trans Fats, no colors or dyes, no MSG, no flavor enhancers. The only two ingredients are grass-fed, organic ghee and organic virgin coconut oil, with absolutely nothing else added to it.
Over the past two days I have made a LOT of yummy recipes (one below!) with it that you can try if you win the awesome giveaway and get a jar of your own! Or you can go on Amazon and get some right away here. *Sidebar: if you want to question the whole baby carrot chlorine thing check this out from FoodBabe 🙂
And now, the best part: THE GIVEAWAY! 😀
Roasted Mustard Carrots
- 2 packages ORGANIC baby Carrots
- 2-4 tbsp PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee, melted
- 1-2 tbsp ground Mustard
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place carrots into a 9×13 glass baking dish
- Drizzle the melted coconut ghee evenly over the carrots
- Stir to coat all the carrots
- Sprinkle with spices and S&P
- Roast for 40 minutes or until fork tender
- Serve with beef, chicken, or pork!