Happy New Years!!! I hope everyone had an amazing celebration and first day of 2013 🙂
I have had the best past few weeks enjoying time off, holiday fun, family and friends, and LOTS of paleo (and some not) goodies. Although I think I did a fairly good job of sticking to my paleo guns over the holidays I DEFINITELY partook in a few too many sugary items and adult beverages. The very best, and most telling part of the last few weeks “off-roading” has been eating completely non-paleo meals that were presented to me and suffering through the after-effects. Jeeeeeze. UN PLEASANT. A couple nights ago I had some very yummy, home-made Seafood and Corn Chowder chock full of corn, dairy, and some gluten. That was a bad, bad choice in hindsight but I didn’t want to be rude to the host!
What this experience has taught me is A. I definitely have some severe allergies, and B. I need to let people know that they ARE allergies and that I simply cannot eat the food offered if it contains these things. I also need to make sure I commit and don’t try “a little” because I don’t want people to be upset. Because you know what is more upsetting? The next day after eating this food.
On another note, I have SO many treats that I made over the holidays that I want to share with you all but I cannot. Not yet. You know why? Because today marks Day 1 of my 2nd Whole30! Hooray!!! This girl needs a detox like whoa. Are you joining me on this wonderful experience? Yes, I said wonderful. If you are interested in giving it a shot (highly; highly recommended) please let me know and I will do everything I can to help you through it! I am a full supporter and I love helping people make better choices in their lives!
Today I made The Dr. take “before” photos of me and I weighed myself for the last time for the next 45 days. Yep, 45, I’m extending until Valentine’s Day! How fun, right? I also bought a TON of food yesterday and today to be fully pre-pared. I bought so much meat guys, so excited. To start you off right I created a yummy Chicken Curry that is easy peasy and crock pot style so you have leftovers fa days. I promise Whole30ers and non-Whole30ers will just love it 🙂 Click here for the recipe!
I made some resolutions, but I will wait to share those tomorrow with my first post and ALL the pictures of the yummy food I had today! I plan on sharing pics of all my meals for the entirety of my Whole45! I can tell you are excited about that.
Goodnight! – The Freckled Foodie
Crock Pot Chicken Curry
- 1.5 13.5oz cans coconut milk (canned, full fat)
- 2 4oz jars curry paste (green is hottest, red and yellow are more mild)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground ginger (could also use fresh, grated)
- 1 tsp cayenne (omit if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb bag frozen bell peppers
- 1 lb bag frozen veggie (I used green beans, could be anything really)
- 3.5-4lbs chicken breasts or thighs (trim fat)
- 1/2-1 cup broth (more if you want a thinner curry)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients through cayenne in the bottom of your 6 quart crock pot
- Add vegetables and mix with the curry sauce. Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts or thighs over the veggies and pour broth over the top
- Mix everything and ensure chicken is covered in curry sauce
- Turn on crock pot and walk away! Easy peasy
- Cook for ~4 hrs on high, ~8hrs on low