You know how I was talking about yoga on the paddle board in my last post? Well, CHECK. THIS. OUT.
I’m so proud and excited about it This was a goal of mine for the summer but since summer officially starts this weekend I have new goals:
1. forearm stand on the paddle board
2. improve handstand on regular ground and be able to hold it for minimum 15 seconds
3. by end of the summer get into a handstand on the paddle board *even if I fall off after a second or two*
What are your fitness or health goals for the summer? What? You haven’t made any yet? Well get on it! My friend Jeremy from Man Meets Goat spoke last week on competing as an adult and how important it is. While I watched it (seriously, watch it) I realized that I wanted to compete against myself this summer and then perhaps join crossfit in the fall when the weather gets crappy and begin competing against others! It is critical to set some goals for yourself or you won’t get as far as you could otherwise! It is also to be held accountable for them, so share them. With me in the comments or on my FaceBook page/Instagram page or with a friend or family member!
Another goal I had recently was to complete a 21 Day Sugar Detox but due to work travel and craziness (and summer, let’s be honest) I have decided to put it off rather than get frustrated with myself. The one great thing that came of that attempt, however, were these Toasted Coconut Sunbutter Cups! They are completely sugar free and AMAZING. Since the fat content is so high they are super satiating and really kill my cravings for something sweet. Plus you truly only need one and you are good to go!
So, make some of these and then while you are waiting for them to set up in the fridge/freezer set some goals for summer and share them with the class
Toasted Coconut Sunbutter Cups (21 Day Sugar Detox, Paleo, Grain-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free)
- 1 bar (4oz) 100% Dark chocolate (I like organic, tastes better, can sub sweeter chocolate if desired)
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil or ghee
- 1/4 c shredded Coconut
- 3 tbsp Sunbutter (can sub almond butter)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (I like smoked or Pink Himalayan)
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for a few minutes *watching very closely* until it turns light brown and then remove promptly
- Break up the chocolate bar and add to a glass bowl (oven safe)
- Add the coconut oil or ghee and place in a warm oven (can also microwave) removing and stirring every few minutes until fully melted
- While the chocolate is melting grease or line 6 spaces in a mini muffin tin
- Pour about a tablespoon of chocolate into each space and evenly sprinkle the toasted coconut between the 6
- Place in freezer to set for 5 minutes
- Dab about a tsp of sunbutter onto each and spread slightly without getting all the way to the edges
- Pour the remainder of the chocolate to cover the sunbutter and then sprinkle each with sea salt
- Place in fridge until set and keep refrigerated
- When you want one pop it out of the tin and enjoy!