Anyone do any traveling for work? If you are like me you have mixed feelings about it, part of it is really fun and you get to see new places, the other part is that it’s kind of exhausting and takes up a LOT of time. Which is why things have been a little slow around here lately. Hopefully you all still love me 🙂
I’m excited to announce today that I am hosting a giveaway from Zukay Live Foods! Several weeks back I reached out to them (after seeing their products at my local WholeFoods) and they graciously sent me their 4 new fruit flavors and their top 4 veggie flavors to review! BOY was I excited to open that package up when it arrived at my doorstep! The sad news is that one of them broke on the way so unfortunately I cannot tell you about it, but if you win the giveaway then you get all 8 flavors so you can comment on this post and let everyone know how delicious the Super Green flavor is!
So you may be thinking to yourself, “what the HECK is kvass?” which is what I wondered several months back when I first saw it in the grocery store. I read the labels and then Googled to find that:
Kvass is a highly cultured probiotic drink made from vegetables and/or fruit.
What is great about these drinks is that they are seriously packed with flavor, nutrients, and are naturally fermented to make your tummy happy! I for one have a pretty sensitive stomach when I eat non-paleo things so I take probiotics, drink kombucha and kvass, and eat fermented foods like sauerkraut and pickled foods to keep my stomach as happy as can be! Zukay’s kvass drinks are a great way to positively contribute to your digestive health.
The other great thing about Zukay is that they began as just one single family who decided to change their health and then share the wealth with thousands of people! Check out their website to read about how they got started, you will definitely want to support them over any of the other big food companies out there that are trying to sell “health drinks” *Odwalla and Naked juices… cough, cough* Their mission is pretty awesome too, and reads:
We want to make the health benefits (and taste benefits) of raw, fermented vegetables available to everyone, and in ways people already eat and drink, so you can fit them into your daily diet real easily.
Now, let’s talk about how they taste!I’ll try to keep it pretty short and sweet, but if you have specific questions leave them in the comments section!
– Veggie Medley: This was my favorite of the veggies. Tasted a little like a V8 blend that I used to drink sometimes but obviously WAY better. Less strong but had a nice tomato flavor that I enjoyed. Drank this one all at once!
– Beet: Very strong beet flavor (duh!) and a little salty. I really like beets but had to sip on this one slowly, I would recommend drinking maybe 6oz at once over ice to dilute the flavor just a bit. My 1 1/2 year old niece liked this one a LOT and kept getting purple mustaches from it. Super cute, as a side note 🙂
– Beet Ginger: Really liked the ginger in this one. Shared it with my younger sister and she liked it even more than I did! I would choose this one over the straight up Beet flavor as I think it is a bit more drinkable.
Fruit & Veggie Kvass:
– Berry Blend: Lots of berries in here, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries along with pomegranate and beets for more color and flavor! I really liked this one and would definitely get it again.
– Melon Loves Mint: Second fave of them all, the melon mint combo is genius. Very refreshing, I could really taste the cucumber and melon and it finishes with a cool minty flavor. Big fan. Only 4g of sugar in the entire bottle! (I drank this entire thing in probably 10 minutes, oops 🙂 )
– Tropical Veggie Twist: By far and away my favorite of all the flavors! I’m a huge sucker for pineapple and suprise, surprise there is sweet potato in it! It also has mango and tumeric, so it’s a powerhouse of nutrients. I could drink this one every day as it is the perfect amount of sweet and tangy.
– Green Ginger Brew: VERY gingery, so if you are a ginger lover you will really enjoy this one. I also love that it has lemon and lime, you can really taste the citrus. Only 2g of sugar for the entire bottle so this one would be perfect for those trying to detox from sugar but still feel like they are getting a sweet treat.
Overall I am a big fan of Zukay Live Foods’ products and will continue to support them and try to get at least one or two of them in every week. This is something that I think can only benefit my health and although it may be a little more expensive I see it as another supplement to my diet that will help me stay the healthiest that I can!
***this giveaway has ended***